Thursday, January 26, 2017

The catalyst.

"Christianity cannot be a theory. Jesus is so much better than a theory. He's so much better than a good sermon. He's a radical catalyst toward a way of living that's not of this world."

The word catalyst is defined as being a substance that causes a chemical reaction to occur or the prime agent of any change. The prime agent of any change...I think that all of us can look at our stories and pick out people and situations that have caused great change in our lives.

In my life I could easily name and recall moments and encounters that have greatly impacted the trajectory of my life. Encounters that have redirected areas of my life and caused me to completely change a behavior or even a certain mindset.

Jesus is no ordinary catalyst. I say that because when I truly began to know Jesus and allow him into my heart he didn't just change one area of my life he got his hands on every single aspect of my ordinary and mediocre life. Jesus was not just a chapter added to my story but rather he truly became my whole story.

Jesus is not just a theory. He's not just a man in history that had great ideals and at times spoke in circles and parables. Jesus is not just words on a page or the topic of a really great sermon. Jesus is alive and more than anything he desires to be invited into the inner most parts of your life...he desires to be invited into your heart.

I don't have much to say this week. I don't have a long post filled with thoughtful concepts and ideas and opinions...the only thing I have this week is my life's greatest truth. Jesus came to this earth for you and he came to this earth for me. He came to bring us home and invite us into a life of fellowship and love.

He's not just a theory or a good sermon....he's the greatest catalyst that this world will ever know and his name is Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Amen.
    I wish that more people understood that JESUS is alive and that HE sees and cares about literally every aspect of our lives. BUT the more I wish it the more I realize that responsibility is one me to tell them of my encounters with Him, those watershed moments that completely changed my life. And I also need to make more time to point Him out to people who may not otherwise be able to recognize Him on their own. One thing I know, He's too good for us to keep to ourselves!

    ReplyDelete